“Culture Helps / Культура допомагає”: Individual grants for mental health support up to 1000 EUR
“Culture Helps / Культура допомагає” — an EU co-funded project implemented by Insha Osvita (UA) and zusa (DE) — opens a call for applications for Individual and Projects mini grants. You can receive up to €1.000 as individual mental health support, or up to €5.000 for implementation of projects, focused on integration of people, who were forced to leave their homes because of the Russian war against Ukraine.
The Individual grants program focuses on support of mental health of individuals. Cultural workers and activists, working with people who have been forced to move to safer regions of Ukraine or Creative Europe countries because of the Russia’s war in Ukraine, can receive financial support to take care of their mental health or wellbeing (for example: pay for a therapist or a stay in a health resort, etc.) The program aims to draw attention to the importance of mental health in cultural managers’ work.
Facts on Individual grants program
- “Culture helps” includes 7 calls for Individual grants, which will be announced in 2023-2024.
- The next call will be launched in July 2023. Each call will support around 30 Individual grants.
- 80% of the total grants are expected to be disbursed in Ukraine, 20% in Creative Europe countries.
- Minimum amount of the grant is €200, maximum €1.000.
To apply for the grant, you need to be (eligibility criteria)
- Natural person, aged 18+
- A cultural manager or a volunteer working with internally displaced persons in Ukraine, particularly families and children OR a cultural manager OR a volunteer working with refugees from Ukraine, particularly families and children, in one of the Creative Europe participating countries (preferably from Ukraine neighboring countries).
- Reside in Ukraine or be a person who has fled from Ukraine to one of the Creative Europe countries after 24.02.2022.
Application and timeline
- Applications must be submitted via link. You can find all questions from the form here to prepare your application in advance.
- You can apply in English or Ukrainian. We highly encourage you to apply in English, to make possible that an international jury is able to evaluate it.
- If you have technical or other difficulties with the Internet connection, you can submit an application as a Word document. Please reach us via email firstname.lastname@example.org if it is your case.
- Deadline for applications is May 19, 2023, 23:59 Kyiv time.
- Results of the selection process will be announced not later than June 2nd, 2023.
- Clarity of the application and motivation of the applicant. Please be as specific as possible in your application.
- Correspondence with conditions and focus of the Grant call. The application should be focused on the mental health of the applicant person (cultural workers and activists, working with people who have been forced to move to safer regions of Ukraine or Creative Europe countries because of the Russia’s war in Ukraine). Please do not apply with a project which supports the mental health of other people (other than you).
- Clarity of the financial plan.
Do you have any questions left? Use one of the possibilities to prepare a better application:
- Join an Online info session on May 9, 16:00 Kyiv time. Please register via link for the session, and we will send you an invitation and the Zoom link.
- Contact us via email, email@example.com.
- Contact us via Telegram chat.